[CAUT] Baldwin electric

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:08:17 -0500

All,

The method I used to tune these Baldwin beasts was the following;

1. use long strip mutes and mute the strings from the front and below
the keybed
(use several strips and leave a good portion of the strip loose so it
can be pulled out easily)
2. sit in front of the piano and tip the piano on to your lap
3. lean over just a bit and you can see the tuning pins easily
 (I think if you are a left handed tuner you have an advantage in seeing
the row of pins for each unison. Don't hold me to this though. It has
been a while)
5. tune the temperament, tune the octaves, pull the strip mute out one
unison at a time to tune the unisons

 This worked well for me and I did not have much of an aching back after
finishing the lot. Of course, I was younger then. :-)

Don