Poeschl (was [CAUT] benches)

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:43:18 -0600

At 17:51 12/9/2004, you wrote:
>Conrad,
>         Do you have any experience with this very German-named firm?
> Interestingly, just today a private customer asked me what to do with her
> old MAFCO bench (in pretty solid condition) after taking it to a local
> upholsterer and getting an utterly useless job. The website makes them
> look professional enough.
>Regards,
>Fred Sturm
>University of New Mexico
>
>--On Wednesday, December 8, 2004 12:04 PM -0600 Conrad Hoffsommer
><hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu> wrote:
>>
>>That would be Poeschl.
>>
>>http://www.poeschlmfg.com

Sorry, Fred,

I only know Poeschl from their advertising.

The adjustables we have here are from MAFCO, Jansen, kimbaldörfer(Jansen)
and genuine Steinway. The MAFCO are all in dire need of reupholstering, the
Jansen/Bö have been redone in the last two years by Jansen and the Steinway
have some almost indestructable real leather but are too uncomfortable for
most people, anyway...

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.