Poeschl (was [CAUT] benches)

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:45:57 -0600

At 09:23 12/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Fred,
>
>    We got a new Poeschel bench for NMSU, and it was nice until it started
> "gronking". I couldn't locate the noise, and when I talked to the
> company, they said "tough". So... never again, unfortunately. Nice
> mechanism, but no real warranty.
>
>Regards,
>Guy

Gronk?  Sounds like a character from the "Flintstones".
;-}

Most of the time I hear that, it is the slack in the threads being taken up
by those bearing pillow blocks, or any of the other wood blocks loose
enough to move.  Can you spot weld wood??

Those collars which serve as thrust bearings can only be set sooo close to
try to eliminate athwart movement before THEY start making their own
noises... ;-{

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder