[CAUT] Student fees

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:47:59 EST

In a message dated 12/13/04 2:34:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
amccoy@mail.ewu.edu writes:

Hey  folks,

I want to make the case to the powers that be here that it would  be a good
idea to institute a student fee to fund piano maintenance and  purchase. I'd
like to hear from others who have experience with  this.

If you have student fees for these purposes:

1. How much  is the fee? How much is allocated for piano maintenance?  Piano
purchases?

2. Who pays the fee? Music majors only? Minors too?  Ed majors?

Do you have any advice for me as I put my case  together?  What other
questions should I be  researching?

Thanks.

Alan

Here at Alabama, we charge applied majors $125 per semester. But there is
one major problem. No one seems to know where the money goes. Our Administrative
 Assistant, several chairs of our department, and I think even an Assistant
Dean,  have tried to trace the money, but from the information we have been
able to  gather, it disappears into a black hole.

I have recommended to the new chair we put in a "stop payment" order on  that
account, and start a new one, but only if we are guaranteed that the money
comes back to  the department.

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician