[CAUT] Restringing treble

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:26:03 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2004 3:51:41 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
A440A@aol.com writes:
    Ed
  Yes & and  new rib crowned board 2 to 3 MM  ( which is aprox. .080 to .125
thou) Ok,in this case I vote  both board & plate  change significantly when
the tension goes on &  when it comes off.

affect more than just the two notes on either side?   I have measured
soundboard drop under  tension, and it isn't uncommon to see them drop .050"
when the
piano is  chipped to pitch.  Some more (such as the Chickerings with the
inner
rim), some less (Steinways and Baldwins), but there is still a lot of
movement
up and down.