Touch Weight

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 03:34:42 +0100

Hi Jim...

I think you could argue fairly successfully that UW and DW are not
really static measurments... if you wanted to get all picky about
things... but the idea in measureing touch-weight... or more correctly
... "balance weight" is that you are using these two first named
measurements to find an approximation for the exact balance weight of
the action. If you added that exact weight to the existing action, and
removed <<magically>> all friction from the action... the key should
balance the top action and come to rest in a horizontal position.... or
at the halfway point of the key stroke if that be different.

Regardless of the static or dynamic nature of UW and DW ... BW is
certainly a static measurement as the action is <<at rest>> or balance
for that weight.

Cheers
RicB