MOInertia

madelyn mrykalo madvinmryk@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:42:19 -0800 (PST)

John,
Please define the term you used recently in one of your posts, which you called REFLECTED inertia.  Do you mean total m.o.i. of the action?  Is this an actual physics term?  Also is Action Transmission Ratio (that you state in your attachment of "Finding the Total Moment...") the same as Stanwood's term "Action Ratio"?  What are the differences, if any?  Or at least, what do you mean?

At this point, I can see that according to the formula you presented, that changing m.o.i. in the key cannot effect a change in the total m.o.i. of the action by more than 4-5%.  But also we must acknowledge that this is mostly theoretical, at this point.  Correct?

Vince Mrykalo
University of Utah