Touchweight

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:04:11 -0800

Hi Paul,

Try reading some of David Stanwood's articles in the PTJ. June 1996, but
more recently Feb, Mar, and April of 2000. Hope this helps. Think I'll look
them over again now.

Alan McCoy

  _____

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Legard
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 10:44 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Touchweight

I have been reading the large number of contributions on this subject in
both the Caut and Pianotech sites and my brain hurts!!   Like many techs my
numeracy skills are limited, but as a pianist and practical technician with
a passionate interest in this whole business, I just long for somebody to
sift through, collate and consolidate some of this material and create some
down-to-earth step by step practical  methods for achieving the potential
for any good make of action. There appears to be no end to the potential for
talking and arguing about this, but in the end I feel that some well laid
out methodology would be a great help.  It seems to be the one crucial area
of piano technology which is left for techs to fathom out and find
information wherever they can.  A bit like learning computer skills!

Daneman

  _____

Subscribe to MSN 8 today for a better internet experience and save over 25%
<http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUK/2746??PS=>  on the usual price!