Keys and MOI

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:45:03 -0500

Jim wrote-

> If you want to feel what the MOI of the action feels like, that's easy to
> do.  Simply do some rapid repeats down on key #1, and then do the same
> thing on key #88.  If your balance weitght is consistent, and nothing is
> sluggish, the big difference you feel will be the difference in the MOI.
> It's just that simple.
>
> Jim Ellis

Jim-

Great example! (And so obvious we should have been born knowing it!)

So, if we can feel this difference, we could make a simple test by altering the
lead placements on two adjacent low bass keys, keeping all other parameters equal,
and then see if we can feel anything approaching the difference we feel between
1-88 or even 1-44.

Ed S.