Keys and MOI - wipp assist - slugs

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:33:06 -0500

I saw this, too.

> > If using the English system, distance is in feet, mass is in slugs and time
> > is in seconds.
> >
> > 1 pound = 1 lb = 1 slug-ft/s^2
> >
> > English energy is in ft-lbs (there is no hybrid unit).
>
> Ahhh.... so thats where the "sluggish" terms thrown around the last
> couple days come in.
>

> > Hope this helps!
> >
> > Don A. Gilmore

Yes, at least it clears up one mystery.

This summer, for several weeks I found slugs in my kitchen sink at night, and
couldn't figure where they came from.

Well, now the mystery is solved.  In the next room was an M & H A.  I had just
added assist spring wippens to this piano.

Maybe it is a good idea to have a sink nearby when we change action geometry.
What if the slugs had gone the other way, and found the little Knabe?

Need I say more....?

Ed S.