Keyleads and MOI

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:51:46 +0100

I agree Ed.

Marks MOI measuring tool will perhaps be of help in measuring the MOI of parts.
Though it would be time consuming to measure each part for every piano. I think we
will end up needing to measure enough parts so that we can with reasonable accuracy
equate WEIGHT and its placement into terms of MOI. Then we could record action data
much like Stanwood does, and start observing pianists (and our own) reactions to how
each differing action MOI configuration plays.

Big project... but if even just 10 CAUT techs do just 10 pianos each we will begin to
have some meaningfull data.

I think Mark is working on a spreadsheet to plug in MOI and other action data... FW,
SW...etc. so as to be able to calculate results... like reflected MOI, ratio.. etc..
and graph / chart the results in a meaningful fashion.

Cheers
RicB