'71 D follow-up

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:31:21 -0600

At 11:25 1/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>On Jan 13, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Fred Sturm wrote:
>
>>Hi Kent,
>>         Just curious: what did you do about the missing dampers? Just
>> leave it three short? Does that seem to be an issue?
>
>As it happens I was incorrect when I said it was 3 dampers short -- it's
>actually 4 dampers short. I had the go ahead to re-do the dampers but have
>not yet done that. The pianist did not complain about the open strings,
>but did complain about some garbage in the sound in the same area of
>octave 6. ??
>
>I suspect that this work will eventually be done.
>
>Kent

If the person regularly goes back and forth from Baldwin to Steinway, it's
easy to see where a few missing dampers on the Steinway would never be noticed.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.