"Imago"

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:21:14 +0100

Hello

I see sometime those springs mounted as a retrofit, they are supposed
to help the repetition. I've find they hinder the touch as you are
tempted to play stronger because of them (should please any boogie
player). May be the designer likes the rebound sensation they provide,
they are referred to "grand touch " as all other stuff like this.

Also, they are not very easy to even, but stay reasonably where they
are once regulated (by bending, in my case, while other methods like
massaging should certainly apply).

get a little noisy in time also -

BTW the springs you talk off are probably an original Sauter patent,
the retrofit ones I talk are pinned on the jack and a piece of felt is
glued on the jacks stop rail to stop them, (don't remember if there is
a real difference, but the Sauter ones are cleaner in time for what I
recall. Seem to me that Seiler too have used this process on some
highest verticals as well as Pleyel in the 50'.
Yes they are sometime advertised as "grand letoff feel".

Best.

Isaac OLEG