dilemma

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:52:10 EST

In a message dated 1/18/2004 10:18:50 PM Central Standard Time,
remoody@midstatesd.net writes:
Wim,
Did you have any input on the  purchase the "new D".  ?   When the "new D"
arrived,  how did it sound and how did the playing feel to you?
>From this did you think the factulty or performers might have problems with
its tone and
or action?
    From your post it sounds like they need a factory person to come out and
give attention to their concerns.  Perhaps you could get in touch with the
factory.  I hope the faculty would understand that a factory tech might
might be the best  and appreciate you for setting that up.
---- Richard Moody
No, I didn't have any imput in the purchase. Our former department chairr,
who is an excllent concert pianist, picked out the piano. He left last year, but
before he did, he told me not to do a thing to the piano, Now that he's gone,
and there seems to be a problem with the piano, I have offered to voice the
piano, to bring "life" into it, But for some reason, the new department chair
has told me not to do anything, but to wait until the consultant comes. I don't
understand why she doesn't want me to do that, but I am going to try to meet
with her in the next week or so and ask her. One of the suggestions I will
make is to have someone from Steinway come and do the work. Maybe they will do it
as part of a warrantee issue, I don't know. But it would make sense. I'll let
everyone know what transpires.

Wim