Capo bar revisited

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:49:38 -0600

>Hi Ron,
>         Very interesting post. The sentence below left me wondering: on
> what basis do you determine "the shortest possible de-tuned front duplex
> lengths for each note?"
>Regards,
>Fred Sturm

Hi Fred,
Another Ron here. Clark Sprague came up with this slick little calculator a
couple of years ago when we were discussing this.

Where Speak is speaking length, and Target is where you think you want the
duplex length:

Partial=INT((-1+(1+4*((Speak^2)/(Target^2)))^0.5+1)/2)

Duplex=Speak*(1/((Partial)*(Partial+1)))^0.5

I think that's right.

Ron N