mini belts

llafargue llafargue@charter.net
Sun, 2 May 2004 15:22:15 -0500

Wim, just my experience.  I have one, but, I now slip wood under the
shanks of upright or block up tails on grands and use a ping pong paddle
to do the two side facets or rough initial stuff with about 40-60 grit,
then refine with strips.  This actually faster for me.  I just never
went back to the belt.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO
llafargue@charter.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 10:14 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: mini belts

In a message dated 5/1/2004 7:41:03 PM Central Standard Time,
imatunr@srvinet.com writes:
Hi Wim,
I do not know if they are still available but I have several somewhere
that I will never use My New paddles and  tray do a better job and just
about as fast with far less booboos. I have tried all the methods <G>
Joe Goss
Joe

I use them as an initial shaping of both old hammers, and new ones. Then
I use the good old elbow grease and sanding paddles to do the final
shaping.  If you can find them, I would be willing to take what ever you
have off your hands.

Wim