Loose tuning hammer tip

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Thu, 06 May 2004 07:02:12 -0400

Early on in my tuning career I found that tips would become loose and looser
the more that I changed them. That's why I switched to changing heads instead.

I keep a #2 tip on the short head, #3 on the med. and #4 on the long. I have a
narrow-wall #2 on an adapter to use quickly. (I haven't seen a tip adapter
listed
in a catalogue for many years).

The tips are cranked down tight and haven't loosened in 20 years.  I carry
three
tuning levers also for different applications, all stationary handles. One
has the
inter-changeable heads and the other two are gooseneck, one short for
spinets, etc.
and the other has a tip which is perfect for tuning most Asian pianos.

Jon Page