[Files] spring-loaded go-bars (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 06:01:12 -0400

A wooden I-beam is clamped to the case and the spring-loaded go-bars
press the board to the ribs. The ribs are supported from underneath.

Tension is regulated by the length of the dowel of length of threaded
rod.

Made from hardware store items, PVC pipe and end caps, spring, dowels,
3/8" threaded rod.  I like the threaded rod best because of its dynamic
adjustability.

In the foreground on 917, notice the wedge under the block of wood. The
block is pivoted
against the strut to press the board on the other side.

Jon

Photos at:

http://tinyurl.com/3h97v
http://tinyurl.com/2lpul