Ron's story

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 10:37:31 -0400

In a message dated 5/25/2004 4:19:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "David M. Porritt" <dporritt@mail.smu.edu> writes:

>On 5/25/04 Wim writes:
>
>--- big snip ---
>>So until the PTG does become a truly professional organization, I think we need to
>>leave well enough alone.
>
>Hmmmmmmmmm.  How's it going to become a "truly professional organization" if we "leave well enough alone."
>
>dave

Dave

If taken out of context, I can see where this statement doens't make sense. I was referring to retesting RPT's, replying to Jim Busby question.

We are not a professional organization, yet. To become one, we would need to test everyone before they could become a member. We are a long way from implementing this idea. As you know, I am a BIG proponent of that concept. I introduced legistation to that effect back in 1990.

We are slowly starting to turn the corner. The current Prop 12 is coming a little bit closer. But let's decide this issue first. Then, maybe later, we can move towards the professional issue.

Wim