Categories - Paying examiners/Assoc. declassification

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 10:31:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2004 4:23:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jonpage@comcast.net writes:
It seems by many statements I heard that the bar for RPT is too low.

If retested, how many RPT's would not requalify or even want to pay to
have this
bonified certification.

Jon Page
     Jon
    The other question is what in reality does a RPT label do for you? Does
it make your reputation? No ,you do. Does it make you a better technician? No
you do. My Point is my mentors were My Father & Dick Hamlett. Dick was a fine
tech who was never a member & who new how to set tunings in concrete as well as
 my dad, a Braid white trained tech(in 1950) When Dad became an RpT in the
70's his rep & technical didn't prove.
   In some cases a client has asked if I'm an RpT but that's not why they
came to me in the first place. For some it's small seal of approval.
  I think the whole thing is for techs it's a bench mark at entry level
requirements. I know rpts that I wouldn't even pay for one of there tunings 7 non
Rpts that I would.
  Dale