Let-off

Mon, 31 May 2004 09:47:14 -0700

I agree with this.  It seems to come from an attitude that if some is good
more must be better.  If 5/8" checking is good, then 1/2" is better and
1/4" is even better; or, if 1/16" letoff is good, then 1/32" must be
better, etc..  It's just not the case.  You just trade one thing for
another.  Finding a balance where the piano performs consistently in the
broadest range should be the goal.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

As