[CAUT] Moving capstans

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:01:48 +0100

Nicks program does not yeild the same BW result that Stanwoods formula
does. It is based on Pfieffers formula  unless I am mistaken and results
in a different ratio quantity. It can be used as a reference for sure...
but it will not yeild the Balance Weight Ratio as it does not take into
consideration any angles of any of the parts in any given position. It
simply breaks the levers down into three individual ratios as free
standing levers, and multiplies the results together.

It can give you a general idea, but remember if you move either the
knuckle or the capstan.. you are essentially really moving the jacktop
and whippen cushion respectively as well.

Cheers
RicB