[CAUT] G3 Yamaha Stringing Scale

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:40:06 -0700

Thanks, guys -- I appreciate the input!

What I'll do if the gauges aren't marked on the bridge is take a few =
confirming measurements (per Willem's suggestion) and then, if it =
matches the scale sent by Avery (much thanks, Avery!), I'll proceed full =
speed ahead.   The Yamaha is 1971, so I'm optimistic it will match.

Best,

JeffO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Hans E Sander=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:34 AM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] G3 Yamaha Stringing Scale

  But it wasn't a G3!

  >>> wimblees@aol.com 08/02/05 11:34 AM >>>

  Jeff

  If the scale isn't listed on the bridge, it might be worth your time =
to measure the scale anyway, instead of relying on what Avery gave you, =
or what Yamaha gives you. A number of years ago I had to order a set of =
bass strings for a brand new Yamaha, and twice they sent me the wrong =
set. Come to find out that Yamaha changed the scale on that model, even =
though the model number was the same.=20

  Wim
  Willem Blees, RPT
  Piano Tuner/Technician
  School of Music