[CAUT] G3 Yamaha Stringing Scale

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:59:58 -0500

I agree Jon, the small Yamahas of this age tend to sound a little "boxy" and
the (original) bass strings don't help.

I'm thinking of two 60's vintage G-3's and two G-2's where Danny's strings
made wonderful improvements.

Neither of the G-2s 'needed' re-stringing or tuning-pins, so the bass
strings were replaced for tonal benefit alone, and both clients (and myself)
are very pleased.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Jon
Page
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:42 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] G3 Yamaha Stringing Scale

I'd be inclined to take string-length measurements and bass string
patterns and send them to Danny at GC Piano for rescaling.  He's done
a number of older, obscure pianos for me with fantastic results.  So
I'm sure there's something which might be improved upon given the
whole scale to recalculate.
--

Regards,

Jon Page