[CAUT] I am a genius.

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:12:17 -0700

Well, you know, Michelle, there's another tactic, but I bet you won't want
to use it:

"innoculate" them against too much chat, by talking their little ears off a
few times. Just when they *finally* get into "summing up before breaking
away" mode, change the subject and start *all over again.* After about
three changes of subject, finally release them, and then run after them to
add one more unwanted detail ... Then they'll avoid you, instead of vice
versa ...

ssssssssssssssssssssnnngabgabgabgabgab

P.S. This is purely theoretical. I've never done it, except unconsciously. <g>