The Curse of Gab (was: [CAUT] I am a genius)

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:35:32 -0600

At 04:13 PM 8/15/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Good point, Les.  And yes, people are our business.  As Marley's ghost
>said to Scrooge, "Business!  Mankind was my business!".   I believe that
>people who go about life thinking that mankind is their business are
>probably successful, because they are honest, and treat people well.  But
>there are times to draw the line, keep boundaries, or whatever.  There's
>nothing wrong with kindness and moments (however long you like) of
>conversation.  But really, some folks just don't know when to quit!
>
>Barbara Richmond, RPT

Who do you know that is better trained at listening than you and your
colleagues, Barbara? Pianists have a bag of tricks they use to keep people
from applauding between movements. Those techniques work pretty well for
chatty kibitzers, also. Although, like the unwashed crowds of premature
clappers, nothing is 100% effective. Are you a vegetarian? There are
"other" techniques......<G>

Later,
Guy