[CAUT] protecting pianos

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:11:02 -0500

Conrad,

You have to start early.  Get the young ones cowed into keeping their
stuff off the piano.  Then when they grow up (Yes, I know that's a
questionable statement), they won't use the piano as a table.  I'm
afraid it's too late for some of your piano faculty, but think of the
future.  There's a violin faculty person here whose office is the worst
of any, and yet his piano is clear.  There is hope.