[CAUT] protecting pianos

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:41:39 -0500

At 12:51 PM 8/22/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>The was an old timer in Chicago who gave a couple of requests/warnings... &
>then just lifted the lid.  (Don't remember his name -- or maybe it was just
>an urban legend of what we all wanted to do!)
>
>Otto

I've certainly threatened that action.[Jokingly, of course... ?]  I think
that, other than a distinct lack of job security, the only thing stopping
me has been the knowledge that any gouges caused by imbedded spiral
notebooks, paper clips, staples, pens, pencils, coins or metronomes would
have to be fixed by me.

When I _DO_ remove the sedimentation (if there is a clear enough spot on
the floor), I leave it there. This forces them to deal with it in one way
or the other. It's amazing how much stuff finds it way into the recycling
the next day...  I've even been thanked for precipitating discovery of long
lost items...

There _is_ one SF10 which I haven't opened in years.  Fortunately, the lid
on that model is set back far enough from the pins that my tuning hammer
will fit.  Hmm... speaking of which, that one is first on the list in this
morning's attack of bulk tuning.

Hi-ho, hi-ho...

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once but they were all out of stock.