[CAUT] Harpsichord tuning tips/string setting

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:47:59 -0500

Mike and Fred,

Some years ago I had some one on one instruction from Bill Dowd on
regulating, tuning and voicing. Bill was of the same opinion as Mike's
harpsichordist. For the most part, that is how I have tuned ever since.
It does not always work with certain pins, certain instruments. One just
has to adjust some times. I believe Bill Garlick was in favor of this
method as well but he got a good bit of his training from Dowd. BTW, I
can't see how people can use the gooseneck to tune a harpsichord. :-)
Bill & Bill were in favor of the T handle as well.

Don

Re: [CAUT] Harpsichord tuning tips/string setting