[CAUT] Follow up on finger prints

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:03:27 EST

Thanks to all of you who gave advice on how to clean off the finger prints.
Just to make sure I don't make any mistakes, let me see if I have this
straight.

I spray the sides with Windex. Then, using 0000 steel wool on a belt  sander,
I wash the finger prints off with soap and water, and then rinse. What  is
not clear, however, is, should I cover the strings with plastic before  running
the piano through the car wash rinse cycle? And can I use the automatic
drier, too, or will that cause the piano to go out of tune? (Fortunately I  have a
hitch on my car, so I can just pull the piano through the car wash. It's  the
rail road tracks I have to be careful with).

Wim