[CAUT] Steinway Institutional Service Recommendations

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:24:32 -0800

Something else to keep is mind is that Schandall is instructing that the =
use
of astronger solution is sometimes necessary in the upper end of the =
piano
(capo section).  One of the problems of a hammer designed for lacquer is
that the first penetrations are usually the best and subsequent =
applications
don't take the lacquer where it needs to be (under the strike point) as
well.  Trying to get the treble hard enough with several applications of =
more dilute solution rather then a single of double application of a
stronger solution might not be as effective.  You are better off if you =
can
decide what strength to use at the outset rather than go by the book.  =
In
the past, hammer density has varied so much from set to set that this =
type
of individual decision making is more the norm than the exception. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20