[CAUT] Re: Tuning the backlength

central jorge1ml@mail.cmich.edu
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:31:25 -0500

On 12/6/05 3:15 AM, "Ric Brekne" <ricbrek@broadpark.no> wrote:

\
> I'll agree that simple aural impressions alone are not sufficient to
> substantiate any claim. On the other hand, when seemingly vast amount of
> technicians have these same impressions, one has to wonder at the very
> least if there is truth to them.

Hello All,
     I like this statement and would add that scientific testing is
inadequate to prove false a claim made by many experienced persons.  Actual
piano tone is a resonance resulting from combining of many notes in music.
Testing one note at a time reveals only what one note at a time sounds like.
Even in testing one note at a time, the variables are very hard to control.
-Mike Jorgensen