[CAUT] Bostons

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:01:19 -0500

Hi all,
A different "Bostons" question.  A student just asked me in the hall
whether I would prefer the small Boston grand models over the Kawai
RX1 or RX2.  She is seriously considering a purchase soon, prompted
by our Kawai dealer going out of business first of the year, and is
apparently offering some heavy discounting this month.

I told her at that level of decision, I would go play them both,
don't get in a hurry, go play them both again, and again, and decide
which one she likes, and that's the one I would choose.  The only
thing she'll have to lose with buying the Kawai from a dealer going
out of business is that little trade up guarantee carrot the Steinway
dealer dangles out there.

To me those instruments are very similar, with differences being
really minor.   I don't have a lot of recent experience with either
-- just not a lot of either sold around here that I have access to.

Any preferences either way?
Jeff