[CAUT] from piano technician,Thailand

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:53:51 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2005 11:40:44 PM Central Standard Time,
timur.daniel@gmail.com writes:

Good day. Congratulations All Marry Christmas and New Year.
I'm Timur Rizayev piano technician of College of Music, Mahidol
University,Thailand. In New University Auditorium has the new Concert Grands  "Yamaha"
CHIII S, "Steinway & sons" D and "Fazioli"-278. Last Friday  and Saturday had the
Concert"Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra" with Guest  Conductor: Claude
Villaret and Guest Soloist: Patricia Pagny. She played on  the Concert Grand
"Yamaha" . I determined the some stick out tones in  high treble. I suspect the not
so good terminated wild strings. I will be  try to eliminate those with
checking Action Regulating and Voicing. Can  somebody suggest, where I can find the
Action regulating Manual and Voicing  Instruction for Concert "Yamaha" CHIII S.
Or it is similar to the  "Voicing the Renner Hammer" By Rick L.Baldassin.
Because I have the  several concerts in December and next January with TPO, our
Professors  and Guests.
For example:

Timor

Rick's book will help you achieve what you need to do. The notes that are
"sticking out," probably need to be voiced down. But before you start sticking
needles in the hammer, make sure the strings are seated on the bridge, that
the  strings are level, and that the hammer is mated to the strings. I have not
read  Rick's book, but I am sure all three of these things are explained.

Good luck.

Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music
University of  Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL

PS. Of course, the best way to solve this problem is for me to come to
Thailand, and do the job myself. But considering the concert is tonight,  I don't
think I can make it on time.   (Please don't take this  serious. I am just
joking).