[CAUT] "D" with a ghost

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:13:45 EST

In a message dated 2/2/05 9:09:23 A.M. Central Standard Time,
claviers@nxs.net writes:

This is  proof of what I have said so many times.  The vibrations of
individual  speaking lengths do not couple across the bridge to their
individual  duplexes.  They can't.  Instead, the vibrations couple all up
and  down whole sections of the bridge, to duplexes and speaking lengths
alike.

Jim Ellis

Jim

I was led to believe exactly what you are saying. I don't think I've ever
heard anyone say the duplex string matches the speaking string. As you said, it
is impossible for that to happen.

Glad the solution was found. Now, let's see if who ever buys the piano will
complain about it, and their technician finds the same solution.

Wim