[CAUT] h'chord regulation question

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:13:09 -0800

>On 1/26/05 5:26 PM, "Wimblees@aol.com" <Wimblees@aol.com> wrote:
>
>I'm trying to do some regulating on our Down double manual. The bottom
>manual activates both the short and long string. Question: Should the two
>plecterns be adjusted so that they hit the two strings at the same time,
>or should there be a delay between the two of them? If there needs to be a
>delay, how much of a delay should there be, and should the longer string
>hit before the shorter, or the other way around?
>
>On a different topic, but with the same h'chord. The lever that activates
>the long strings is broken. (I mean, the lever is literally broken off,
>right where it enters the cabinet). Where can I get a new one?

Wim,

This is a long shot, but there is a fellow in Salem, Massachusetts who used
to work for Bill Dowd when he had his harpsichord shop in South Boston -
and did a lot of service and maintenance on Dowd instruments (for all I
know - still does...) His name is Don Angle, and here is all the contact
information I can find for him:

Donald C. Angle
21 Pickman Road
Salem, MA 01970
<mailto:don@donangle.com>don@donangle.com

If there are some leftover parts for Dowd harpsichords sitting around
somewhere - he would probably know where. Or he might even have them
himself. (He doesn't seem to be publicizing this part of his skills at this
point - his website is devoted to his other career, which that of a
Jazz/Pop harpsichordist. I ain't kidding - he's really good!)

Israel Stein, RPT
Piano Technician
Creative Arts Technical Services
San Francisco State University