[CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

Chris Solliday solliday@ptd.net
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:20:46 -0500

recommend updating as many design elements as possible and replacing as =
much as possible. Chris Solliday
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Stephen Snyder=20
  To: 'College and University Technicians'=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:08 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

  Dear Friends,

  I have a customer with a Steinway Style II grand.  This was in =
production for a couple of years between 1872 and 1873 before the =
introduction of the Steinway B.  I hope some of you are familiar with =
this piano.   This piano appears to be in original condition , but is in =
need of restoration/ preservation.  I'm looking for feedback on whether =
it would be best to restore the piano -new soundboard, pinblock,bridge =
caps action parts.etc. or preserve the  the piano using as many of the =
original components as possible?  I realize there will be no clear cut =
answer, but given the historic/antique nature of the instrument your =
thoughts will be appreciated.

  Regards,
  Steve

  Stephen Snyder