[CAUT] Old Strobocon, Peterson, etc.

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:05:15 -0700

List,
=20
A guitar maker asked if I would sell him my old Strobocon because "for
guitars, the attack is most important and modern ETDs measure the
sustaining note rather than the attack of the note". (His words) I have
some questions;
1. Doesn't the Cybertuner and/or other ETDs measure attack, or can
attack be isolated?
2. Are the old relic tuners in our closets worth keeping? (I.e. can they
do what new things can't?)
3. What are the old relics worth? (if much at all)
=20
Thanks,
Jim Busby BYU