question again. was Re: [CAUT] rubbing back checks.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:24:17 EST

In a message dated 2/15/05 2:00:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:

My question to you guys is this. Have any of you experienced this, and  what
solution do you have? This is a 45 year old D, with the original action.

I guess I need  to ask the question in a different way. The problem is  that
the balance rail pins are bending over. This is not only causing the  back
checks to rub together, but also the buttons are very close to each other,  and
at the front of the keys, the black keys not are not centered between the
white keys.

The pianist says he is not playing glissandos. Never mind that I need to
improve my communication skills, or that I shouldn't have even mentioned this  to
him in the first place. That has nothing to do with it.

What I want to know is, have any of you ever had this problem, and how did
you solve it, other than going in there and correcting it, without saying
anything to the piano player. (the keys were rebushed this summer, btw, and are
still in good shape).

Wim