[CAUT] tuning frequency

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:12:43 EST

In a message dated 2/26/2005 9:54:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, =20
dporritt@mail.smu.edu writes:

I have the piano faculty pianos set for 4 times per  year.  I also have an=20
on-line calendar that anyone at the school can  access and request a tuning.=
  I=20
post times when I=E2=80=99ll be available and  they can sign up for a time t=
hat is=20
convenient for them.  It works  well.  That way if something untoward happen=
s=20
they can just schedule me  in there at a time that=E2=80=99s good for them a=
nd it=E2=80=99s=20
done.  I hate starting  on a piano only to have the teacher come in and say=20=
they=20
need to teach  now.  =20

All of the faculty, not just piano, have their  schedules posted by their=20
office door. About two weeks into the semester I take  my appointment book a=
nd=20
coordinate my schedule with the voice and piano faculty,  finding times they=
 are=20
not in their office. I then e-mail that information with  the dates and time=
s=20
I am tuning their piano.=20

Incidentally, this software will be  available for sale soon.  I=E2=80=99ve=20=
had it a=20
couple of years as the software  writer is in the office right across the ha=
ll=20
from me.  It=E2=80=99s now past  beta and about ready for distribution.=20

We also have a room scheduling program on line, accessible  to the entire=20
department. It allows me to schedule tuning and repair time  for the Recital=
 Hall=20
and Concert Hall, the class rooms and rehearsal  halls. It's on a first come=
=20
first serve basis. If I have a room scheduled  for at tuning, and a faculty=20
needs the room for a rehearsal, or something, they  have to come to me and a=
sk.=20
They can't just take it away from me. This is our  second year, and it has=20
worked out great.=20
Wim =20
dp=20
=20