[CAUT] tuning frequency

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:10:39 -0700

On 2/28/05 2:23 PM, "Jeff Tanner" <jtanner@mozart.sc.edu> wrote:

> Some of your other responses about unisons barely moving in a teaching studio
> with only 3 tunings a year.  Well, those guys just don't know what south of
> the Fall Line weather patterns combined with modern (low budget) HVAC systems
> with zero humidity control will do to piano tunings during the normal school
> year, do they Wim?
    Just to clarify, I said I tune piano studios three times a semester. I
didn't say they were in wonderful tune all the time. There's a difference
between bowing to reality and reaching and maintaining an ideal <g>. And my
reality is 0.5 FTE taking care of 75 instruments. My frequencies would be
higher if my FTE were higher or number of instruments lower.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico