[CAUT] Re: Imperial with Breaking Bass Strings

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:28:40 -0600

Hey, Dave,

I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I broke the bottom C string
on ours the first time I tuned it.  The string cost $34 (from Boseendorfer)
and I'm still waiting for it.  I could have had it shipped UPS from Austria
for about $150, but I decided to wait on the container.

I asked the dealer who sold them this piano, who is also a technician, if he
had any tips on tuning the bottom extra notes.  He said, "If you break the
string, you were too high."  And there you have it.
--
Ken Zahringer, RPT
Piano Technician