[CAUT] Funny Noises

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:22:25 EST

=20
In a message dated 1/24/05 2:00:48 P.M. Central Standard Time, =20
ZahringerK@missouri.edu writes:

The  click seems to be in the wippen, since when I pull the action and lift=20
the  hammer out of the way, I still get a click, but if I hold the wippen up=
=20
and  strike the key, I get no click.  It doesn=E2=80=99t appear to be jack t=
op hitting =20
anything, but I can=E2=80=99t find the source of the noise. =20

Check the slot where the rep spring sits. If there is gunk in there,  it=20
might impede the movement of the spring.=20
=20
Wim =20

Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician