[CAUT] Stringing braid in D

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:30:44 EST

In a message dated 1/24/05 2:28:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
dmckech@ithaca.edu writes:

There  are three D's here at IC that have problems with sympathetic
after-ring in  the lower duplex area. By all means take the braid out and
experiment. I  have done this in the past and while I did not notice the
problem in one  case immediately, I did later. At a faculty recital. we
kept hearing A5  ringing loud and clear when it should not have been. It
was easy enough to  find out why and where.

Don

As, I think, Fred, pointed out, the braid came up from F2, under the plate
to the mid section. I have just laid the extra braid on the plate. I'll wait
and  see if any problems develop later on before cutting off.

thanks

Wim