[CAUT] Retired concert grands

Christopher Purdy purdy@ohio.edu
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:49:07 -0400

Dax,

Try my dealer in Columbus, OH.  Graves Piano and Organ, 800-686-4322.
Ask for Chuck Yanarella or John Pruitt and tell them I referred you to
them.  They had a couple of Baldwin SD-6's a year or so ago.  I don't
know if they are still there.  They were out of a small, private
college I service and were beat to hell.

It might be easier for you to find something at a dealer more local to
you.  Often dealers have trouble finding a customer for the big
machines.  Call all of them you can find.  Don't expect to get it
cheap, they took it in as a trade in and probably gave more than it's
worth to get the deal.  Also, expect a lot of work.  Be careful not to
get in over your head.  You could end up with a very expensive piece of
furniture and not much else.  (they make a cool dining room table or
Olympic grade beer pong table)

Good luck,
Chris

On Jul 3, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Dax Koenig wrote:

> I am a young pianist/technician in LA and am looking
> for a concert grand to restore.  Please let me know of
> any D's or Baldwin SD-10's that may be available.
> Ideally, I'd like to find a worn-out practice or
> performance instrument in need of a FULL rebuild.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dax D King
> daxkoenig@yahoo.com

Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.