[CAUT] vertical hammers

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:14:50 -0400

Cy,

I think the hole should be bored at the center of the incoming shank.
The idea is that when using the original shanks you want to avoid
having glue buildup inside the hammer. When this happens, it is
difficult to have a nice hammer line because you could position the
hammer and then the glue pressure would push it back upward. We only
want to let that pressure out so the excess glue gets out.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC