[CAUT] SD-6 repetition mystery! (Eric W.)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:01:17 -0500

Thanks Jon,

I will have an "educated" look at this next time I see this particular SD-6.
(would love to be fonder of this particular instrument than I presently am
:>)

BTW, great tip for extending the spring seat.

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Jon
Page
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 3:33 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] SD-6 repetition mystery! (Eric W.)

If the centers aren't too tight I would look to see if the spring is binding
on the jack. Either the spring is too long and touching the far side of the
hole or it's too short and digging into the slot.

If too long, cut. If too short, appraise curvature of the spring, use
a ball-tip
rasp in a Dremel Tool and remove material from the inside of the slot/hole
to allow the spring tip to extend beyond the wood.

Check the angle at which the spring enters the jack hole/slot,
it cloud be bound there too or touching the wippen body just
before entering the jack.
--

Regards,

Jon Page