[CAUT] Undercover (install notes)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:27:28 -0500

Hi Jeff,

sorry to miss you in KC.

To replace pads, take the cover by a corner and peel it back, as far as you
need, two whole sides if you wish.... it's that easy!

To re-attach, hold it back in place and run a warm iron along the seam....
you're done!

This whole procedure takes "seconds," not minutes, and I always have a
travel-iron in my voicing kit.

The bonding material stays in place, and seems to re-seal infinitely, and
the appearance is always trim and neat. (we spent a day testing the bond by
removing and re-attaching a section of cloth in the shop, every 20 minutes
or so. We lost track (and interest) of how many times)

Honestly, the only agravation in changing the pads now is handling the slimy
things! (Maybe Don has a point ;>)

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Jeff Tanner
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:30 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Undercover (install notes)

On Thursday, June 23, 2005, at 01:12 PM, Mark Cramer wrote:

> Thirty-five minutes to fit and trim the undercover... perhaps sooner,
> if the
> caretaker had taken my hint(s).

Ah, but in the long run, making a new friend is a much more worthy
investment of a couple of minutes of lost time.

I hate I missed the convention, and your demonstration.  But when I
read the description, I have to say my first reaction was like Don's --
it's already aggravating enough to access for pad replacements.  I
would guess that this procedure makes it exponentially so, but am still
open minded.  What has been your experience with pad replacements with
this new technique?

Thanks,
Jeff