[CAUT] Hearing Protection Desirable for Tuning?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:55:18 -0600

Brent,

I am greatly saddened to know of your hearing problems.

At 11:25 PM 10/31/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>This story should be
>printed on the front cover of the PTG journal so everyone runs to an
>audiologist
>for earplugs. Tinnitus has shaved ten or more years from my career, I have
>just
>resigned from my post at ASU and am on medical disability, the financial and
>personal losses are devastating. The tinnitus is so severe that even simple
>daily tasks are getting difficult and now I face the possibilty of needing to
>move to an assisted living facility. This story is grim but hopefully will
>help
>get the news out that hearing protection is not an option but mandatory.

I agree completely that your story should be widely known. It truly should
be a BIG WAKE-UP CALL!!!

I guess, I'm just lucky that my Navy engine room experience got me wearing
protection before major damage was done and before I got into piano work.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.