[CAUT] ?????

Robin Blankenship tunerdude@comcast.net
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:55:12 -0500

HTML MessageDavid,=20
Sounds like its time for another piece or two of KEY lime pie.......

Robin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: caut@ptg.org ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:46 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] ?????

  OK, guys & gals...

  Very strange experience this evening.   I had to work late...not my =
usual MO.   It was the old Johnson place up on East Sharp Park hill.  I =
received a note telling me where to go and where the key would be =
hidden.   I arrived at the appointed time...6 pm.   It was unusally dark =
this evening...end of day light savings I guess...I found the key under =
the gargoyle on the porch.   That was weird enough.   I could have sworn =
the eyes were following me as I moved to the door.   What a door!! Huge, =
black oak planks held together by relentless iron hardware  In the =
center of the door was an enormous iron ring.   Just for fun, even =
though I had the key, I lifted the knocker and let it fall.   B O O =
M...sounding like an amplified, fishless, 5'1" grand in the low =
tenor...I jumped back and then got my composure and reached for the =
latch...but the door moved open without a sound..."wait a minute"...I =
stepped back and fished in my kit for my trusty 4 inch flash.   I =
rotated the lense and got a focused beam which I aimed into the front =
room.  I searched for the light switched on both sides, inside the door. =
  Nothing.   Interestingly I could see candlelight emanating from the =
right side of the stairs.  Carefully moving through the foyer, my =
service kit and vacuum cleaner hanging from my shoulders, I could just =
makeout light coming from below a door.   I was able to move to the door =
without making a noise.  I turned the doorknob and pushed it open.  Dark =
bookshelves lit with candles...but no piano.   I made my way back into =
the entry area.   To the left was some sort of an office...no piano.   =
Straight ahead was the kitchen/dining area...no piano.   I went back to =
the foyer and looked up the winding stairs.   They split off  about =
halfway up, to the left and to the right.  Above the stairway split was =
a immense window.   Behind the window the waining moon was lit.   Having =
no other way to go, I accended the stairway.   At the landing was an =
open archway leading into the large room.  A perfect place for =
a...piano.  There it was in the corner, darkly brooding.   I made my way =
to the piano.  It was a square grand, seemingly...strange looking...like =
a coffin.  As I approached it suddenly started moving towards me.  The =
legs...were...taking...steps...this was no piano.   It WAS a coffin.  I =
turned and ran back towards the archway.   Two doors slammed shut in my =
face.  I turned and tried to get between a sofa and the coffin.   It =
moved towards me with slow, but relentless intent.  Thinking quickly...I =
reached into my kit and somewhere in the bottom was just what I needed.  =
 I pulled my Smith Brothers cough drops and stopped the coffin....

  Sorry.

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, California